Disk Problems Help!

Ashish Shankar ashish at vax1.acs.udel.edu
Tue Mar 7 22:42:55 AEST 1989

We have 2 sun4/100s (server+diskless node) and used mkfile 40m
/home/localswap to increase the swap partition on the server and made the
entry

/dev/sd0h /home/localswap swap swap rw 0 0

So the file /etc/fstab looks like

/dev/sd0a / 4.2 rw,nosuid 1 1
/dev/sd0g /usr 4.2 rw 1 2
/dev/sd0f /var 4.2 rw 1 3
/dev/sd0h /home 4.2 rw 1 4
/dev/sd0d /export/root 4.2 rw,nosuid 1 5
/dev/sd0e /export/swap 4.2 rw,nosuid 1 6
/dev/sd0h /home/localswap swap swap rw 0 0

However reboot fails because fsck fails on /dev/sd0h the message being
Partially Allocated inode I=51 (and on and on)
CLEAR ?

I was wondering if an fsck -y would destroy our user files which are
mounted on /home/cher. I am assuming that the swap-file /home/localswap
that we created is responsible for the trouble.

Thanks
please e_mail

ashish%vax1 at louie.udel.edu