VCR's and TAACS, etc.

Jeffrey C. Kantor jeff at ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu
Thu Mar 30 23:39:13 AEST 1989

We're looking for information on how to grab images from a VCR under
control from a Sun 4/150 TAAC workstation.  An ideal solution would be a
single frame-grabbing board that also controls the frame advance on the
VCR.  The purpose of this arrangement to automate the collection of data
from a long series of video images.

Has anyone attempted this before?

Does anyone know of possible combinations of VCR's and frame-grabbers that
can accomplish these functions?

Please note that our Sun4 configuration has only one open slot, that's the
reason for the single board constraint.

Jeff Kantor, Dave Leighton
Notre Dame

jeff at ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu

Jeff Kantor
                                       US Mail:  Dept. of Chemical Engineering
internet: jeff at ndcheg.cheg.nd.edu                University of Notre Dame
    uucp: iuvax!ndmath!ndcheg!jeff               Notre Dame, IN   46556  USA