Software for PC to Sun serial connection?

John Franks john at rufus.math.nwu.edu
Wed Mar 15 05:38:43 AEST 1989

What is the best software to use to connect PC's to Suns over serial lines?

We have a small network of Suns to which approximately 30 people are
attached with direct lines to serial ports (ALM boards).  The other end of
the line is typically a serial port on a PC or a Mac.  All lines are
running at 9600 baud.

The users are relatively naive and want to do logins on the Sun using the
PC's as terminals, and simple (i.e. text) file transfers.  Currently we
are mostly using kermit for terminal emulation and file transfer.  Is
there something better.  I am especially interested in ease of use for the
naive user.  We know about Tops and are not really interested.

		Internet	john at math.nwu.edu
		Bitnet		j_franks at nuacc