le: missed packet problem

Mitch Wright gretzky at unison.larc.nasa.gov
Sat Mar 4 16:02:17 AEST 1989

H-E-L-P-!

I currently have 2 sun 3/60's running 4.0.1.  One is a server with a 327Mb
disk and 4Mb of memory, the client is a 3/60 with a color monitor, and 8Mb
of memory.  They have been running smoothly (as smooth as 4.0.1 can be).
Well, trouble hit Friday when the client just up and died (went down to
the monitor prompt '>').  Tried rebooting it ...

EEPROM boot device ... le(0,0,0)
Using IP Address 128.155.2.94 = 809B025E
Booting from tftp server at 128.155.2.83 = 809B0253
Downloaded 126056 bytes from tftp server.
Using IP Address 128.155.2.94 = 809B025E
le: missed packet
le: missed packet
le: missed packet
No bootparam server responding; still trying
le: missed packet
le: missed packet

and will continue like this until you L1-a the client.  I have double and
triple checked all files in /etc/...  I have rebooted the server (several
times).  I have deleted the client completely and then added the client
again.  Network traffic was quite slow, and I'm fresh out of ideas.  I am
beginning to think it is a hardware problem, but I would hate to jump the
gun.  I have had NO problems in the past with rebooting.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-=>gretzky<=-
..mitch

	gretzky at eagle.larc.nasa.gov