Using 386i expansion box on 3/60

Glenn Roberts gfr at cobra.mitre.org
Thu Mar 30 16:15:25 AEST 1989

> A friend has one of those 386i expansion boxes with a 1/4" cartridge
> tape in it and asks if it can be hooked up to, eg, a Sun3/60,
> preferably leaving it in the original box

I don't know about this but I did just the opposite (hooked the 141 Meg
SCSI shoebox from my 3/60 onto my 386i) and the tape unit worked just fine
(this is a good trick for loading software off a 1/4" tape when you don't
have one on our 386i).  I didn't try to access the disk, just the tape.

- Glenn Roberts, The MITRE Corp., McLean VA (703) 883-6820
  gfr at cobra.mitre.org