hardware accelarators for IC design on APOLLO?

Richard Bishopp mcvax!philce!richard at uunet.uu.net
Wed Mar 8 01:04:09 AEST 1989

Fellow Netlanders ;

We are currently evaluating some products for accelerating simulatons of
integrated circuits. We have looked at a product from a company called
IKOS  that fits in the Domain ring and interacts with various products
such as MENTOR Graphics. The device is a simulation engine/accelerator and
can also fit on VAX,SUN and other machines.

I would be grateful if anyone with experience of this product would send
comments to me. I'm particularly interested in performance especially
versus behavioural modelling, support level from IKOS and reliability.

I will summarise and re-post to specific users if they so desire.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Bishopp
Philips-CE
Voice Tel:+31 40 737017