How well do HP and SUN workstations mix

Bob Campbell hplabs!campbelr at hpsel1.hp.com
Wed Mar 8 04:43:25 AEST 1989

>>hplabs!mike at hpfcdc.hp.com (Mike McNelly) writes:
>>Just to clarify things a bit:  HP-UX on Series 800 machines has always had
>>Series 300 HP-UX will have
>
>As this illustrates, the current release of HPUX differs noticeably
>between the 2 machines, more than can be justified by their different cpu
>types.  This means that a site with a mix of HP-800, HP-300 and Suns needs
>to concider about 2.25 operating systems ;-)

The releases for the models 300 and 800 are merging.

>Makes one appreciate the work that went into making SunOs 4 support 4 cpus.

I have great respect for them for doing it.  I just happen to have more
respect the reliability of the HP 9000s800s and the work put into providing
compatibility mode for our 3000s900 customers.  But I may be a bit biased :-)

>Tim Panton, Westhawk Ltd.

Bob Campbell                Some times I wish that I could stop you from
campbelr at hpda.hp.com        talking, when I hear the silly things you say.
Hewlett Packard                                    - Elvis Costello