Kernel Building and cmdtool

Alan M. Brown alan%prism at gatech.edu
Thu Mar 16 08:48:51 AEST 1989

In article <8902280040.AA00471 at asimov.tots.uucp>, suntan!tots!asimov!louis at sun.com (Louis Brune x403) writes:
> We have a couple of dual swap machines.  Be brave (after making backups)
> and try:
>
> In the config file:
>
> config          vmunix          root on rf0 swap on rf0 and rf1

I have yet to get /usr/etc/config to accept a config line specifying dual
swapping.  For example, in the config file,  the line:

   config          vmunix          root xy0a swap xy0b and xy1f dumps xy1f

results in the error:

   config: line 45: syntax error.

The line:

   config          vmunix          root xy0a swap xy0b dumps xy1f

works fine.

What's your secret?

[[ I tried to find our config file when I saw that, because I knew it was
wrong.  But I was unsuccessful at the time.  Our config file says:
"config    vmunix    root on xy0a swap on xy0b swap on xy1b"
Of course, we also have both partitions listed in /etc/fstab as swap
partitions, and we do have "/etc/swapon -a" in /etc/rc.  It's not clear to
me if the extra swap partition is put in at boot time or when the swapon
is done.  I suspect the latter.  --wnl ]]