Can't turn on CrossHairs in SunView

Knudsen knudsen at ihlpl.att.com
Thu Mar 23 21:43:53 AEST 1989

Has anyone ever been able to turn on the crosshairs, the good old Tek 4000
style lines that follow the cursor?

I've tried every combination of the (sometimes redundant) attributes and
can't get them to show up.  I've cross-checked my work against the source
for the cursor_demo example program, but still no action.  Dumping the
attribute values shows that they get set properly, but no show, no matter
what color or logic I try.

This is on a 3/60 Color running in B&W.  That demo uses full color.  For
what it's worth, I've had no problems setting the color and logic of the
cursor itself.  I mean, given the source I could even try to fix that
silly "confirm quit" popup invisible cursor that everyone detests!

So, any checklists of traps for the unwary re crosshairs?

PS:  Thanks for the many responses to the pixrect-to-file save.
--
Mike Knudsen  Bell Labs(AT&T)   att!ihlpl!knudsen