Sun System Administration Course

Andrea Restle Hynes hynes at rtpark.ge.com
Tue Mar 14 19:53:26 AEST 1989

Sun System Administration 4.0 at Research Triangle Park, NC

I'm interested in bringing this course to the local Sun Sales office. I
need eight more people who want to take it in order to bring the course to
the Triangle. The following is an excerpt from the Sun Educational
Services brochure about this course.

Overview:

This course prepares students to install and maintain a local-area network
of Sun Workstations that are running SunOS version 4.0 Topics include:
machine architecture, hardware configurations, software installation,
kernel reconfiguration, diskless client support, the Network File System
(NFS) and Yellow Pages (YP). This course is for new system administrators
unfamiliar with SunOS and individuals who are system administrators
unfamiliar with the Sun/OS enveronment. This course does not cover the
Sun386i workstation.

Duration:  Five days

To obtain a full brochure, call Sun local support at 481-3959, or Sun
Educational Services at 800-422-8020 (Pacific hours, only). If you are
interested in taking the course, please get in touch with me via e-mail or
phone (if you don't get confirmation, keep trying, sometimes I don't get
my e-mail). When I get enough names I will contact you to schedule a week.

My work phone: 549-3825
   home phone: 490-6075 (has answering machine)
        e-net: hynes%rtpark.ge.com at RELAY.CS.NET