Sun386i, cc and calctool

Scott Boyd futures!scott at uunet.uu.net
Sat Mar 4 11:24:00 AEST 1989

francis%catuc.UUCP at arizona.edu writes:
>In a followup to the article I posted trying to find out why I couldn't
>compile the cacltool program written by Chuck Musciano on my 386i,  I
>narrowed the problem to the C Compiler....

Yup. The C compiler goes bye-bye on any unsigned long or int cast that
references either an array or a pointer.

Given legitimate definitions any of the following will hang the C compiler
on the 386i.

	l = (unsigned long) ptr->value;
	i = (unsigned int) ptr->value;
	l = (unsigned long) array[index];
	i = (unsigned int) array[index];

This is with the 4.0.1 release of SunOS on a 386i/250.
--
Scott Boyd                                            Commodity Futures, Inc.
uunet!futures!scott	                              P.O. Box 620484