SCSI adapter rumor

attcan!utzoo!henry at uunet.uu.net attcan!utzoo!henry at uunet.uu.net
Fri Mar 24 10:31:30 AEST 1989

>I have heard a rumour that there is an internal scsi adapter on the CPU
>boards of machines like 3/160, 3/75's (same cpu), and all you need to make
>scsi peripherals work with this card is a special cable that plugs into
>the cpuboard.

If there's anything like that on the 3/180 (rack-mount 3/160), it's
awfully well hidden.  I inspected our CPU board at length when we first
got it; there is no SCSI chip.  (And for what it's worth, the SCSI tape
drive on our 3/180 is connected via a SCSI controller board.)

I think somebody is confused.

	Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
	uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu