FAX on Sun?

Richard Ralston steinmetz!gemed!starwolf!rich at uunet.uu.net
Wed Mar 1 14:08:20 AEST 1989

A co-worker of mine was wondering about the availablity of FAX software
for the Sun.

Specifically, he's looking for something to convert Sun raster files to
FAX format (whatever that is) and the be able to feed that to a program
which would send it over his modem to another site.  (with a fax machine)

Ideally, the same program would take FAX files (received over the modem)
and convert them to sun raster files. (or anything he could display on his
workstation.)

It'd be really nice if the thing was PD since getting money out of
accounting can be challenging.  But if not, who knows?  Maybe a miracle
will occur and they'ld spring for it. 8^)

Please Email, to me.  I'll summarize if enough are interested.

Thanks for your help,
Rich

Richard B. Ralston              | ...it was the voice of Jesus,
G.E. Medical Systems            | and I heard him say,
PO Box 414                      | "Got an Angel riding shotgun,
Milwaukee, WI 53201-414         | and he's riding with you all the way."
                                |                  -Daniel Amos

uunet!steinmetz!gemed!starwolf!rich
sun!sunbird!gemed!starwolf!rich

[[ I've seen this question asked several times, but I have never seen an
answer.  Please send us a summary if you discover anything.  --wnl ]]