Larger DOS windows on 386i?

Tod Colegrove toddo at tahoe.unr.edu
Wed Mar 1 14:28:29 AEST 1989

I have a question about DOS windows on the SUN 386i - is it possible to
resize a DOS window such that the application can make use of the larger
area?  We are running a word-processing program (T3 - T cubed, if you're
interested), and the small window the SUN allocates to DOS applications
tends to strain the eyes.  Yes, I have tried resizing the window using
Suntools, but the application doesn't take advantage of it: you have
basically a larger window with the DOS application taking up just the
upper left-hand corner.

We are to the point of buying a separate EGA monitor, and plugging it in
just to run this one application.  Help!  Surely there is a cleaner
solution, one that doesn't demand a separate monitor for each window.

	Thanks in advance,

	Tod Colegrove
	Software & Engineering Associates
	1050 E. William St, Suite 402