Catching kbd input in a canvas

Per Lindberg mcvax!front.se!per at uunet.uu.net
Thu Mar 9 14:22:42 AEST 1989

This is a follow-up on my prevoius question about kbd input in canvas.  My
problem was that I wanted to catch keyboard text in a canvas, but still
have the Expose (L5) and Open (L7) keys work on the frame.  I tried the
following, which losed:

    WIN_CONSUME_PICK_EVENT, WIN_LEFT_KEYS,
    WIN_CONSUME_KBD_EVENT,  WIN_ASCII_EVENTS,

Ray Kreisel (mond at sun.com) came up with a winning incantation. Try:

    WIN_CONSUME_PICK_EVENTS, WIN_NO_EVENTS,MS_LEFT,
	                     LOC_DRAG,LOC_MOVE,
	                     WIN_IN_TRANSIT_EVENTS,
	                     WIN_UP_EVENTS,
	                     0,
    WIN_CONSUME_KBD_EVENTS,  WIN_ASCII_EVENTS,WIN_LEFT_KEYS,
	                     0,

Thanks, Ray!

/Per Lindberg (the mad programmer)