Problems with Suncore and Graphics Processor

Chris Ott chris at spock.ame.arizona.edu
Thu Mar 9 15:43:23 AEST 1989

I'm having a problem with Suncore: I can't seen to access the graphics
processor. It was working fine before we upgraded to SunOS 4.0.1, but now
it's not. The output is the following:

     initialize_view_surface:
     No physical surface is associated with the specified logical surface.
     select_view_surface:
     The specified surface has not been initialized.
     WIN ioctl number 4008670a: Inappropriate ioctl for device
     WIN ioctl number 4008670a: Inappropriate ioctl for device
     set_window:
     MIN is not less than MAX, for u or v bounds.
     set_viewing_parameters:
     Error in window.
     define_color_indices:
     The specified surface has not been initialized.
     (etc.)

The relevant parts of the program are:

     INTEGER*4 gp1dd
     EXTERNAL  gp1dd

and later:

     svsurf(DDINDEX)=loc(gp1dd)

Yes, it is a Fortran program (Yuk). But still, it used to work before we
upgraded, and the program still works if I use "cg2dd" or "cgpixwindd".

If the device directory is relevant, here are all graphics devices there:

     crw-rw-rw-  1 root      22,   0 Jan 18 17:08 fb
     crw-rw-rw-  1 root      32,   0 Feb 27 08:53 gpone0a
     crw-rw-rw-  1 root      32,   1 Feb 27 08:53 gpone0b
     crw-rw-rw-  1 root      32,   2 Feb 27 08:53 gpone0c
     crw-rw-rw-  1 root      32,   3 Feb 27 08:53 gpone0d

Does anybody know what's wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

 Chris Ott
 Computational Fluid Mechanics Lab        Infatuation is blind, not love. A
 University of Arizona                      person in love can see the other's
                                            faults, but loves them anyway.
 Internet: chris at spock.ame.arizona.edu
 UUCP: {allegra,cmcl2,hao!noao}!arizona!amethyst!spock!chris