ie0: lost interrupt: resetting

Paul Allen bcsaic!paula at june.cs.washington.edu
Fri Mar 10 00:48:51 AEST 1989

In article <8902080633.AA07926 at oce.orst.edu> rudolf at oce.orst.edu (Jim Rudolf) writes:
>We have two 3/280 servers running SunOS 3.5.  Almost on a weekly basis,
>usually during a period of moderate net activity, one of the servers will
>start spewing forth with:
>
>	ie0: lost interrupt: resetting
> [...]

I posted something about this last year.  Not sure now which issue it
appeared in.  I got mail from three different sites between Aug 13 and
Sept 19.  The apparent fix was from leonid%TAURUS.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU.
He suggessted replacing the transceiver that connects the affected
machine(s) to the Ethernet coax.  In our case, we had 5 3/280's connected
through a fan-out unit to a single transceiver.  We were seeing several
crashes per day spread randomly over the 5 machines.  The transceiver got
replaced (possibly as part of some unrelated work) and we haven't seen the
lost interrupt message since.

Paul Allen

Paul L. Allen                       | pallen at atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | ...!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!bcsaic!pallen