Serial Line Settings

Don Faulkner faulkner%jmullins at husc6.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 16 08:28:39 AEST 1989

In article <59 at gaia.oz> munnari!gaia.oz.au!drm at uunet.uu.net (David Moline) writes:
Dave> Is it possible to alter the settings on the Sun's serial ports (ttya &
Dave> ttyb) so that they default to 8 bits no parity rather than 7 bits even
Dave> parity.

WNL> How about setting that in /etc/gettytab?  Can't you just create another
WNL> getty type entry that uses the "p8" capability, then use that getty type
WNL> on the line?...--wnl

yup - you can set the flag, and getty will proceede accordingly.  you type
your login, "/bin/login" runs, and ... guess what ... looks to me like
"/bin/login" sets back to 7/odd ... (Sun 4/260 SunOS 4.0.1)

 Don Faulkner
 Building 1, Room 803
 Harvard University, School of Public Health
 665 Huntington Avenue
 Boston, MA  02115

 ARPA:      faulkner%jmullins at harvard.harvard.edu
 BITNET:    faulkner at harvard
 Telephone: (617) 732-2167

[[ Stupid software!  Let me guess:  "fixed in 4.1".  --wnl ]]