Suntools TeX previewing with .pk fonts?

Paul Leyland pcl%robots.oxford.ac.uk at nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 21 19:23:40 AEST 1989

Over a year ago I modified  "dvisun" to use pk format  fonts.  This is
the  full SunView version, *not*  the primitive effort which scribbled
on /dev/fb.  There are a few local enhancements also.  The decoding of
the format takes longer than  it does for pxl,  but the I/O is greatly
reduced (because pk is so much more compact, I read in the entire font
rather than muck  about  with seeking  and file caching).  Overall the
code runs at about the same speed on a Sun-3.  "Dvi2ps" was re-written
similarly.  Other drivers  should be straightforward to convert, using
one of these as a model.

I will happily mail source to anywhere  in  the UK; alternatively, you
can pick it up from the archive  server  at uk.ac.aston.  If wnl would
like  a copy for the archives,  that can be sent as  well, but I can't
afford  lots of  intercontinental mail  to  all and  sundry.  Each  is
around 70k in size.

Cheers,
	Paul

JANET:	pcl at uk.ac.ox.robots
UUCP:	...!mcvax!ukc!ox-rob!pcl
BT:	0865 273157 (International +44-865-273157)
SNAIL:	Paul Leyland
	Engineering Science Dept
	Parks Road
	Oxford