Suntools TeX previewing with .pk fonts?

PHYHJR%VAXB.HW.AC.UK at cunyvm.cuny.edu PHYHJR%VAXB.HW.AC.UK at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Tue Mar 7 13:18:01 AEST 1989

As it appears that .pxl fonts are rapidly going out of fashion no doubt
all TeX users will convert to another format (.pk).  However as far as I
am aware there are no Suntools previewers which can read fonts in any
format other than pxl.  At present I use dvipage (I also have dvitool).

Have these been updated to allow use of .pk fonts or are there any
alternatives ?

Harvey Richardson,

      e-mail : JANET    - phyhjr at uk.ac.hw.clust
               INTERNET - phyhjr%clust.hw.ac.uk at cunyvm.cuny.edu
               BITNET   - phyhjr%clust.hw.ac.uk at ukacrl.bitnet
        mail : Physics Department
               Heriot-Watt University
               Riccarton,  Edinburgh, EH14 4AS, UK.
       phone : (+44) 031-451-3047

[[ Version 2.0 of dvitool (available as part of Berkeley's VorTeX package)
reads PK files.  Version 3.0 of dvipage (this latest version just recently
became available in the Rice archives) reads GF files.  The utilities that
require PXL files are slowly being rewritten or phased out.  --wnl ]]