3274 Cluster Controller & 3278 Terminal Emulator

Bill Crandall hplabs!bc at hpindda.hp.com
Tue Mar 14 18:12:39 AEST 1989

Just to let you know, Hewlett-Packard has a full range of IBM networking
products for its Unix-based systems.  We have:

 *  SNA 3270  for terminal emulation
 *  SNA 3770  for batch remote job entry
 *  SNA 3179g for color graphics terminal emulation
 *  RJE/9000  for bisync remote job entry
 *  IBM 5080  for graphics terminal emulation

The three SNA products run on top of the SNA Link product which, depending
on the system and configuration you buy, supports up to 50 simultaneous
sessions running at speeds up to 56 kbps.  The SNA Link emulates a 3274
and uses SDLC.

SNA Link runs in both standalone and gateway modes.  Under standalone, the
Presentation Services (the PS's -- 3270, 3770, 3179g) and the Link run on
the HP-UX computer.  Under gateway, the PS's and the Link can run on the
different computers connected with an 802.3/Ethernet LAN.

If you'd like more information, please let me know.

Bill Crandall
Hewlett-Packard