new product rumors

Kemp at dockmaster.arpa Kemp at dockmaster.arpa
Tue Mar 14 18:32:48 AEST 1989

I completely agree that people who get information from Sun under terms of
non-disclosure have an obligation to keep their mouths shut.

But:

If you are hungry for information on new products, check out the Feb 27
issue of EE times, which has:
 1) An article on the new <$10,000 12 MIPS machine which the article
    says will be introduced in six weeks.
 2) An article on Richard M. Stallman (and a picture of him seated
    at his 3/60).
 3) A two page Solbourne ad with a beautiful picture (presumably of
    Longmont, CO) and precious little else.

btw, we have never actually signed a non-disclosure agreement with Sun, we
just sign an attendance sheet for the briefings.  I welcome the
informality and feel no less obligated to respect their confidentiality.

  Dave Kemp