Pascal calling 'C'

Dave Jones megatest!djones at decwrl.dec.com
Tue Mar 7 08:55:42 AEST 1989

I haven't actually done it, but a very quick experiment using the -S flag
and inspecting the assembly language seems to indicate that the following
will work:

      procedure curse_proc(i,j: integer); external;

      procedure caller;
      begin
         curse_proc(1,2);
      end;

To access the global variables defined in curses, you will have to write
access-routines in C, because, so far as I know, pc has no concept of
external variables.

WARNING!!  RELIGIOUS THEMES FOLLOW.

The next question is, do you *really* want to use curses?  Wouldn't
Sunview be infinitely superior?  For that matter, do you *really* want to
use Pascal?  Wouldn't C be infinitely superior?

[[ Ya gotta do what ya gotta do...  --wnl ]]

ALL CLEAR.

Anyway, good luck..

	Dave J.