le: missed packet proble

Dinah Anderson dinah at shell.UUCP
Thu Mar 16 10:49:55 AEST 1989

We ran into this very problem today. Our problem turned out to be an error
in rc.local. This caused the rpc.mountd and probably some other key
daemons not to be started at boot time. What happens is that an error in
rc.local can cause everything past that point in rc.local and rc NOT to be
executed.  The SUN never mentions that it is having a problem. We first
noticed the automounter NOT starting at boot time and then the client boot
problem.

Correcting rc.local fixed the missed packet error, but now we have other
problems. Oh well......

Dinah Anderson
Shell Oil Company, Information Center (713) 795-3287
...!{sun,psuvax,soma,rice,ut-sally,ihnp4}!shell!dinah