Multiple 4.0 clients sharing a root partition?

Sam McCall mccall at lily.ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 30 04:29:00 AEST 1989

Has anyone tried to set up things so that a group of clients whose root
filesystems reside on the same server can share the same root partition
under SunOS 4.0?  I have come up with a scheme that, while slightly
convoluted in some respects, looks like it might work and could save me
some disk space which is desperately needed.

However, I would much prefer to hear about others' experiences and avoid
pitfalls I haven't yet seen.  Any information is appreciated.

Sam McCall
Computing Services