NFS booting code

Lyle Meier texhrc!ldm at nuchat.uu.net
Wed Mar 29 14:09:19 AEST 1989

boulder!fesk!arch at handies.ucar.edu (Arch Mott) writes:
> I feel that one of the nicer things SUN has done with 4.0 is the inclusion

The question posed was has sun relased the code needed to do this to other
vendors. I know of the following vendor who is currently providing this
service, to indicate that it is avalilable.

In their v 7.0 release of their unix Convex has distributed all the
support needed, and while I have not actually tried it everything that is
needed appears to be their, bootparmd etc. I understand there were two
releases from sun, 1 to boot and one with the v 4.0 nfs features
otherwise.  I guess one of the problems is the release and timeing
schedule for the other vendors with respect to suns schedule.