SUN Rasterfile editor

Hsuan Chang hsc at vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Tue Mar 7 10:16:28 AEST 1989

If your meant to create a SUN Rasterfile from some other images (say,
compose several images, change some intensity values, add text, lines,
rectangles of different colors, or even superimpose the intensity profile
across an arbitrarily angled line segment across an image), and modify or
create a new colormap for that Rasterfile --- we have something better for
you: 'displaytool'.  It's a window-based mouse-driven image display
environment that enables you to display images of 1) Sun Raster format, 2)
Row major 1byte/pixel free format, and 3) Row major 2byte/pixel free
format.  (We have another version that supports /usr/image format that's
defined/maintained by University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill if you
happen to be a user of that particular format.)  The size of display space
is virtual, and view port is selected via scroll bars.  Images may be
overlaying each other, and parts of an image may be manipulated via copy
or zoom features.  It also supports arbitrary ROI histogramming, spatially
registered intensity profiling, and a complex colormap editor.  The cost
of this program (not including source) for non-profit organization is
currently $135.  If you are interested, please contact the following
address:

Hsuan Chang or J. Michael Fitzpatrick
Image Processing Lab
Computer Science Dept.