Using FrameMaker for forms

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Tue Mar 7 10:36:39 AEST 1989

> Is there a way to create a form in Maker such that the form itself is
> protected but the data entry fields can be edited?

Unfortunately, I don't think so.  You really need to be able to tab from
textline to textline.  Maybe someday, but I wouldn't want to see Frame get
all tangled up with extra "features" that obscure what it is best at:
great doc gen.  I'm sort of opposed to the Hypertext stuff for the same
reason.

What would be nice is a tool that takes a form drawn with Frame, and
provides the various form-input drivers to make a nice forms interface
tool.  This is the right solution, because it decouples the forms stuff
from Frame, but still provides a good forms interface.

> Any ideas?  Fixed in 1.4?

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation