4.0.1 Automounter dying

Dinah Anderson dinah at shell.UUCP
Wed Mar 29 16:50:53 AEST 1989

Can someone update me on the 4.0.1 automounter? We saw something a while
back indicating there was some problems with it and not to run it.
Anyway, we are having a problem with the automounter dying on our 4.0.1
systems.  This seems to happen on a daily basis. We would like to run the
automounter since it is a more attractive alternative to managing massive
fstab entries for the number of file systems we have and the
interconnectivity between server groups required here at Shell.

Can anyone tell me what they are doing as an alternative to the
automounter if you have decided not to run it?

BTW here is the automount command we execute at boot time:

 automount -tw 300 -m /net -hosts /net /etc/auto.home /vol /etc/auto.vol

 Dinah Anderson
Shell Oil Company, Information Center (713) 795-3287
...!{sun,psuvax,soma,rice,ut-sally,ihnp4}!shell!dinah