Dos Windows on 386i with X

mrevox!rwu at bellcore.bellcore.com mrevox!rwu at bellcore.bellcore.com
Thu Mar 23 19:02:32 AEST 1989

/***** mrevox:comp.sys.sun / rice!sun-spots-request /  6:26 am  Mar  1, 1989*/
I have just gotten X11R3 up and running on my Sun 386i, and now (as I
expected) I can no longer fire up my DOS windows like I could with
SunView.  Is there some way of doing this?...
/* ---------- */

What I do is to start up Sunview, then start up X11R3 under overview (see
overview(1)). To get back to sunview from X11, type <left diamond><L2>.
To get back to X11 from Sunview, click on the overview icon.

The command to start up X11 from sunview is:

	overview -w xinit [-geometry XxY] [-fn font] [-- server [-a x] [-t x]]

This lets you switch back and forth between X11 (which I use most of the
time) and Sunview (which I use mainly to get at the DOS window).

	Ron Underwood
UUCP:	bellcore!rwu
ARPA:	rwu at bellcore.com
	(201) 829-3317