selection service problem

Christoph North-Keys harp%terra.pkg.mcc.com at mcc.com
Thu Mar 23 18:02:02 AEST 1989

>   The symptom of my problem is that the selected
>   text appears underlined and no cut, paste,  etc... operations work.

Add clear_functions to your system's SunView rootmenu.  Note that the
rootmenu will take advantage of the user's search path.  I'm using the
following setup, containing additions appropriate for using X:

excerpt from ~/.rootmenu
__________

"Keyboard"              MENU $HOME/.rootmenus/keyboard
__________

text of ~/.rootmenus/keyboard (kbd_mode is part of X11, fixkeyboard of X10)

"Mode Sun, encoded"      kbd_mode -e
"Mode Sun, unencoded"    kbd_mode -u
"Mode Ascii"             kbd_mode -a
"Mode Non-encoded"       kbd_mode -n
"Clear Functions"        clear_functions
"Fix Keyboard (X10)"     fixkeyboard

kbd_mode without args returns syntax and current setting.

-Christopher North-Keys  (harp%terra at mcc.com harp%mcc.com at uunet.uu.net)
 SysAdm, Pkg/Int, MCC