selection service problem

Chuck Ocheret chuck at morgan.com
Fri Mar 10 05:51:34 AEST 1989

I am running SunOS 4.0.1 on a 4/110 on a network and have repeatedly
experienced an unpleasant problem with my selection service.  Normally,
when the left mouse button is clicked on text the underlying text is
highlighted with reverse video.  All the cut and paste operations work on
the highlighted region.  The symptom of my problem is that the selected
text appears underlined and no cut, paste,  etc... operations work.  The
only way to get back to a normal state has been to exit sunview and kill
the selection service.  Please advise.

Chuck Ocheret
Morgan Stanley & Co., Inc.
1251 Avenue of the Americas