chesstool for 4.0

Knudsen knudsen at ihlpl.att.com
Thu Mar 30 09:31:55 AEST 1989

Hmmm, our 4.0 *seemed* to include (unless someone snatched it from
elsewhere) the single binary that include Chess, Backgammon, Boggle,
CHeckers, and maybe Life.  I think it's named "chesstool" under
/usr/bin/games and all the others (like gammontool) are symbolic-linked to
it.  The combined binary is just about exactly a quarter MByte.

Mike Knudsen  Bell Labs(AT&T)   att!ihlpl!knudsen

[[ "Chesstool" is there.  And it is the same executable as gammontool,
boggletool, life, etc.  But chesstool wants to start up a program called
"chess" to actually do the playing.  And it's the program "chess" that is
missing.  --wnl ]]