Reaping zombie processes

David.J.Ferbrache mcvax!cs.hw.ac.uk!davidf at uunet.uu.net
Tue Mar 21 20:44:22 AEST 1989

To everyone who asked for a copy of my zombie reaper program for Suns
thanks. The demand has been very high, so I have decided to take the time
to tidy up the code, and update it to handle the tree based process table
organisation used in Sun 4.0.

Expect to see an updated version in comp.sources.misc in about a
fortnight, the new version should deal with all Sun OS releases (I will
test it on 3.2, 3.5 and 4.0 before release), VAX BSD 4.2 and Orion HLH.

Thanks for the interest

Dave Ferbrache                            Personal mail to:
Dept of computer science                  Internet <davidf at cs.hw.ac.uk>
Heriot-Watt University                    Janet    <davidf at uk.ac.hw.cs>
79 Grassmarket                            UUCP     ..!mcvax!hwcs!davidf
Edinburgh,UK. EH1 2HJ                     Tel      (UK) 031-225-6465 ext 553