what machines will Sun be announcing

Ralph P. Sobek ralph at laas.laas.fr
Thu Mar 23 13:18:56 AEST 1989

chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com (Chuck Musciano) writes:
> eli at ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Elias) writes:
>
> > my guess is that Sun will announce some 68030 based systems...
>
> I have seen some things posted in sun-spots about upcoming products, and
> am somewhat concerned.  I know the answers to Mr. Elias' questions, but
> can't say, because I am bound by a non-disclosure agreement.  The
> information pre- viously posted was also bound by this agreement.

I have not yet seen anything posted that should have been bound by a
non-disclosure agreement.  People have only been reiterating (from
different sources maybe :-)) what was announced last year by Steve
Grandi's "SUG trip report" posting.

So, what was so awful?  Evidently, I do not wish to incite people to
divulge confidential information.

Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph at laas.laas.fr			   Addresses are ordered by importance.
ralph at laas.uucp, or ...!uunet!mcvax!laas!ralph		If all else fails, try:
SOBEK at FRMOP11.BITNET				      sobek at eclair.Berkeley.EDU

[[ I think the biggest concern was over the message sent in by David
Kovar.  It even included internal product names---something that was
certainly not mentioned in Mr. Grandi's trip report, but something that
those covered by a non-disclosure agreement would likely be privvy to.
His message was also very specific about MIPS ratings and prices.  I
suspect that someone (*not* Mr. Kovar) told someone else in violation of
the agreement, who then told someone else, etc., until someone in the
chain asked Mr.  Kovar if it was true.  He naturally went to the net for
confirmation.  --wnl ]]