ie0: lost interrupt: resetting

Wolfgang Wetz mcvax!cgch!wwtz at uunet.uu.net
Thu Mar 2 04:22:39 AEST 1989

rudolf at oce.orst.edu (Jim Rudolf) writes:
>We have two 3/280 servers running SunOS 3.5.  Almost on a weekly basis,
>usually during a period of moderate net activity, one of the servers will
>start spewing forth with:
>	ie0: lost interrupt: resetting

This is a problem which occurs during heavy load on the ethernet. We
experienced this problem here too.  The bad thing about this "interrupt
lost" is, that there is no way to recover from, except processor
interrupt/reboot.  We were told by Sun Switzerland to upgrade to SunOS
3.5.1.  Having done this, the problem went away.

best regards
Wolfgang Wetz, Systems Administrator, Scientific Computing Centre
   c/o CIBA-GEIGY AG, R-1045.330, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
 Internet: wwtz%cgch.uucp at uunet.uu.net		      Amateur Radio: HB9PCX
 UUCP:     ...!mcvax!cernvax!cgch!wwtz                Phone: (+41) 61 697 54 25
 BITNET:   wwtz%cgch.uucp at cernvax.bitnet              Fax:   (+41) 61 697 32 88