ie0: lost interrupt: resetting

Christopher M. Meier mtap!meier at rutgers.edu
Thu Mar 2 04:42:49 AEST 1989

rudolf at oce.orst.edu (Jim Rudolf) writes:
>...[getting "ie0: lost interrupt: resetting" messages]
>If this starts happening, we'll generally start getting a few of these too:
>	NFS getattr failed for server neptune: RPC: Timed out

Until I read this line, I thought this was written by someone here.
We have no 'neptune' 280.

We have seen this, but mostly at times when someone is adding/removing a
number of nodes from the ethernet.  This seems to cause lots of 'noise' on
the cable(s).  I can't qualify the 'noise', as I haven't had a sniffer to
use during one of those times.  It has also been seen when the network
traffic is heavy, but someone somewhere may have been fooling with the
cable.  We don't have a solution.

@ Christopher  M.  Meier   ms:  MN65-2300   Honeywell Systems & Research Center
@ Research Scientist/SIP   (612) 782-7191   3660 Technology Drive
@ meier at SRC.Honeywell.COM  !SRCSIP!meier    Mpls, MN  55418