accidental rm

Steve Elias eli at ursa-major.spdcc.com
Thu Mar 9 11:21:08 AEST 1989

are there any tools which would allow me to un-remove files after i
accidentally remove a file or 256 ?

steve elias
(chipcom!eli at spdcc.com)

[[ "restore"---provided that you run "dump" on a regular basis.  No joke.
Backups are more than just protection against disk catastrophe, they're
good for when the department chairman accidentally removes the only copy
of the proposal that was due in yesterday.  Aside from that, it is
possible to write an "un-remover".  It won't work in all cases (the sooner
after the "rm" you use it, the better), but I am unaware of any.  Check
with the comp.sources.unix archives on uunet.  --wnl ]]