Is it possible to overview color X?

Tom Olin adiron!tro at uunet.uu.net
Fri May 12 14:32:39 AEST 1989

Running SunOS 3.5 on a Sun 3/60C, with X11R3: If I run suntools with the
default frame buffer (color+overlay) and I "overview -w xinit ...", I can
successfully run X in monochrome only.  If I run suntools on
adjacentscreens (1 color, 1 mono), I can successfully overview a mono X on
the mono desktop, but I cannot successfully overview a color X on the
color desktop.  I've played with -dev options, but to no avail.  Either
the X display or the X input or both get screwed up.

On the other hand, if I run xinit from the console (outside suntools), I get X
on adjacent desktops (one color, one mono).

Has anybody successfully overviewed a color X from suntools?  Alternatively,
has anybody successfully run suntools or NeWS on top of X?
--
Tom Olin (...!uunet!adiron!tro)
PAR Technology Corporation, New Hartford, NY 13413	(315) 738-0600