Software Support?

DBA - bsd dbabsd at delphi.bsd.uchicago.edu
Sat May 6 17:55:45 AEST 1989

chris at bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck)
writes:

>Has anyone else run into anything like the following before?
>
>Last Weds (3/29) I called Sun Software Support...

Well, chris, yes.  In fact, our average response time from sun software
support is probably in the 7 day range.  I have a call outstanding now
that's over two weeks old (customer reference # 291192 for those of you at
sun who might say: "oh, that's impossible"...look it up).

frankly, sun software support is so bad that it's almost worse than not
having any support at all (except you need those patches for the buggy
OS).  it nearly useless to get return calls a week later.  what's most
irritating is that we PAID for 2-4 hour turn around (please don't laugh,
as i'm sure sun does all the way to the bank, it really is in the
contract).  but, i guess sun doesn't honor contracts...(?).  come on, sun,
either give those of us who PAID for our support the support you promised
or give us some kind of rebate.

as a side note, i should mention that hardware support is fine and we are
very pleased with our sun hardware.  we just think that the software
support is a joke.

--monty
  biological sciences division
  univ of chicago