cdc 9720-1230 drives

cwl at odi.com cwl at odi.com
Tue May 9 16:52:50 AEST 1989

czei at quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu (Michael S. Czeiszperger):
    Is anyone using a CDC drive on a sun 3/xxx server system? Does it run
    well?  In particular, does anybody have a CDC 9720-1230 disk drive?  How
    much is the maintenance cost?  What controller is required?  What software
    driver is required?

This question seems to come up a lot.  We have two of these drives (each
on a 3/160) and they work fine.  We use a Ciprico Rimfire 3220 for one of
them and a 3223 with the j-sun jumper pulled (so that it looks like a
3221) on the other one.  No problems so far.

-cwl