Porting Sun 4 -> Sun 3?

phill%med-image.compsci.bristol.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk phill%med-image.compsci.bristol.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Tue May 9 20:44:08 AEST 1989

I know a lot has been written about porting from the Sun3 to the Sun4
environment (eg a recent issue of Sun Technology etc...), but has anyone
had any experience of porting the other way (ie Sun4 to Sun3)?  (I know it
sounds a little crazy, but we're planning to develop an application on
Sun4 and then perhaps allow people on Sun3s to use it too.)

Any comments, rumours, ideas or experiences on porting this way (or the
other for that matter) would be appreciated.

If requested, I will summarize responses back to the list.

Phill Everson
University of Bristol, UK