funny vi happenings

Cecil N. Jones apctrc!gpb6!zcnj01 at uunet.uu.net
Sat May 6 14:28:51 AEST 1989

A funny thing happened today while editing a file with vi (on a SUN4,
OS4.0.1).  When I was finished editing, I typed :wq to save the file with
changes.  This is what I normally do, and in fact had done it about 10
minutes earlier on the same file.  This time vi gave me the message:
filename exists type :w! filename to overwrite.  I did this, and the next
time I edited the file the :wq worked the way it always has, that is it
went ahead and overwrote the file as usual.  Any ideas?

  Cecil N. Jones    Amoco Production Co.  Tulsa, OK
  @apctrc.uucp
  The opinions expressed are solely my own.