pty, tty, and serial IO

Timothy H Smith tim at vax1.cc.uakron.edu
Sat May 6 14:41:01 AEST 1989

hello,

Im looking for a good general reference for the pty interface in BSD 4.2
unix  (sunOS 3.5, 4.0).  I am writing a interface for a serial
communication project.  It's going to be an example of serial
communication between unix machines using tty.  To test this out I will be
using the pty interface.  There is going to be a program that sits between
the two machines that messes up the serial IO,  this is to test out the
error correction code.  This program will be used to teach students the
fun of serial communication.  I have read section 4 for ptys and its not
much help.  I have some examples of code and have learned much, but I need
more info.  Any good suggestion?

					thanks.

					tim at vax1.cc.uakron.edu