tcsh problems

ejs at goldhill.com ejs at goldhill.com
Sat May 6 14:53:11 AEST 1989

When we upgraded from SunOS 3.5 to SunOS 4.0.1, tcsh stopped working.  In
particular, the shell appears to process commands correctly, but cursor
commands no longer work (i.e. ^A, ^E, etc.) -- they merely echo the
printed representation of these control characters.  Has anyone had this
problem and rectified it?  Is there a new binary for tcsh that must be
used under SunOS 4.0?  (We are running on Sun 3/60s).

Is it also the case that in order to rebuild tcsh from sources, that one
must have a bsd source license in order to get the csh sources?  We're
currently running with the sun3-os3.x binaries and would like to recompile
to take advantage of the dynamic linkable libraries (as well as getting it
to work).