automatic logout from a server's console after a set period of time

Lewis Levine teradyne!levinel at uunet.uu.net
Tue May 30 23:42:04 AEST 1989

Does anyone have some code to do this? We have a real hard time convincing
the people who do backups and other system related stuff that they should
log out of the file servers when they are done (they're logged in as root
most of the time). All we're looking for is something that will kill a
root login on the console after a timeout period (via cron most likely).
It would be  nice if it could recognize if the console login were running
something or just idle. It would also be nice if it would warn the person
before doing the final deed.

Please e-mail replies directly to me. Thanx!

Lewis Levine
Teradyne, Inc.
Boston MA
{...ism780c|csun}!teradyne!lewisl