printer recommendation for small Sun network

Gary L Dare gld at cunixd.cc.columbia.edu
Fri May 5 18:37:27 AEST 1989

In article <3102 at stpstn.UUCP> Anthony A. Datri wrote:
>Our Imagen dealer tried to sell us Imagen's UltraScript for our printer,
>but we could buy a whole new LaserWriter for what they wanted to charge us.

Imagen's pricing is a real rip-off; QMS, their parent company via
acquisition, makes a line of PS-based laser-printers at sensible prices.
Since we have an Imagen at Columbia's Digital VLSI, we can't just unload
it 'cos of the money we've pumped into it already (we bought it years ago,
when they were the only network-able lp around).

 Gary L. Dare				> gld at eevlsi.ee.columbia.EDU
					> gld at cunixd.cc.columbia.EDU
	"SLAINTE MHATH!"		> gld at cunixc.BITNET

[[ But the 2308 is probably one of the fastest P*stscript printers around.  It
does it's work with three 68000's:  while one is reading from the cable,
the second is doing page composition and the third is actually driving the
print engine.  It can actually drive the engine at its rated speed.
(Enough!  This isn't laser-lovers.)  --wnl ]]