f77 and dynamic memory? + responses to previous questions

Jon A. Tankersley apctrc!cra2!zjat02 at uunet.uu.net
Thu May 18 04:25:33 AEST 1989

In article <8904202125.AA01698 at mira.astro.ucla.edu> jon at astro.ucla.edu (Jonathan Eisenhamer) writes:
>The problem is that, under 3.5 f77(1), a call to system(3f) would
>result in all opened files being set to the end-of-file....

There is a patch for system() for 3.5 f77.  We were losing fd's after
system calls.  This was before they increased the number of possible
active fd's...  We'd still have lost them though with the bug...

-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */
tank at apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!tank