Unix V.4?

Allan Kobelansky kobelan%bnrmtl.UUCP at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
Wed May 3 19:38:46 AEST 1989

Here is a question pertaining to Unix V.4 from one of our employees not on
the net:

"I was wondering if you knew of a good source of information on the new
version of UNIX which is about to be released by both ATT and SUN. The ATT
version is UNIX V.4.

I am especially interested in technical information with respect to the new
scheduler:
	- Is algorithm preemptive and how does it work?
	- How fast can the time slicing of these processes occur?

If you come across a good technical article on this subject, can you
please inform me? "

There it is. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Allan Kobelansky	bnrmtl!kobelan at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu