Quotas on Sun 3 and 4 running 4.0.1

John A. Murphy jam at gumby.philips.com
Fri May 26 01:03:59 AEST 1989

In article <8905171903.AA05814 at jupiter.nmt.edu> dieter at jupiter.nmt.edu (Dieter Muller) writes:
There is also an annoying bug in quot for Sun4's.  If quot
is in verbose mode (-v) and it comes accross an unknown UID
it core dumps.  If it is not in verbose mode, and it comes
accross an unknown UID, it doesn't core dump but it reports
things as if it were in verbose mode.  I called this
in and I was told that it is a bug in the way it is dealing
with a data structure.  When it hits an unknown UID it changes
a flag which then stomps on part of the data structure that
amoung other things, has the flags for verbose mode.  Hopefully
this will be fixed in 4.0.3.

Murf
John A. Murphy                          jam at philabs.philips.com
345 Scarborough Road
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510    One one-trillionith of a surprise: picaboo
(914)945-6216